Oct 29, 2008

Yosemite




Lodi just happens to be about 80 miles west of Yosemite, so when I left Lodi, I headed east.
The first half of the drive, there were just small hills, and not much scenery, but as I approached Yosemite, the sights were amazing! I took many pictures, which delayed my planned progress, so I ended up getting a room in Oakhurst, CA.
I can easily see how a person could devote a lifetime to painting or photographing Yosemite. It is an incredibly grand place, and there are incredible sights everywhere you turn your head.
I could post 100 pictures, but it is something you just have to see in person.
In the pictures, the waterfall is Bridal Veil Falls, and you can see halfdome in the bottom picture, off in the distance.
Remembering the skydive with Brianne yesterday, looking at all this beauty, I feel very lucky right now.